"Where there is no vision... the people will Perish."
I often forget how important this verse is in leading God's people. I have been given an amazing opportunity to reach a city for Christ. This is somthing I have been praying for since I accepted the call into ministry when I was 14. Even at 14 I felt God calling me to Student Ministry and have pursued it ever since then. One of my biggest challenges has been staying on task in my life. Whether it be friendships, sports, writing a message, playing a game, building somthing or as the verse speaks to my heart... keeping a vision in front of the followers Christ has entrusted me with. The question I ask myself the most is: Where are you going? What is it you are wanting to accomplish exactly?
It has been a life long journey for me to accomplish things and have a task layed out before me to reach. I have been apart of many task oriented experiences in my life and I love setting a vision and goal to attain.
Its hard to compare people to sheep but Jesus did it so why cant I. People need a leader. They need someone to keep a clear pointed directive on where exactly they are going. Its also my experience that people love challenges and they love to do things that others believe cant be done. So what do I want to do that others think cant be done? What do I want to see take place in our ministry at CP? I honestly have a burning passion and desire to see our Student Ministry reach into the plethra of schools that surround us for Jesus Christ. Little by little I am mounting an ambush for Jesus in this area and it fires me up to know that I have the most amazing Dad on my side... God!
Its not my job to grow the church! Its not my job to grow the student ministry! God has called me to be faithful and to be a willing vessel for him! If I am faithful he will give us opportunities to reach more and more teenagers for his kingdom. I am actually overwhelmed with the response we are having here in Madtown to sharing a very straight forward type of speaking and presentation of the Gospel. It has truly been an awesome ride so far and I cant wait to see what God has planned for us in the coming months... So back on target... see I told you I would get lost!
Being a visionary and dreaming has never been a problem for me but finishing the task is another. Would you pray that God will explode our ministry? Would you be willing to committ 10 minutes a day to praying for the students at Discovery Middle School, Liberty Middle School, Sparkman High and Bob Jones High? I believe we can make an impact greater than any other student ministry has ever made in Madison if we will remain faithful to Yahweh!
Passionate for Him
Dave


1 comment:
I think God has placed you here at the perfect time. Honestly, I have never seen, in a group of kids, the passion and hunger these kids at Crosspointe have. I am thankful you answered God's call to be here because they need the leader you are to help them hone in on their willingness to go reach their schools.
Awesome posts...keep 'em comin'. :D
Post a Comment