Monday, October 6, 2008

In The Midst of a Down Economy 2

Good Morning,

I wrote a blog a few days ago about God providing for his people in the middle of hard times. Go ahead and read that before you read this blog.
During Fuel (Sunday School) I talked about several things but I made it a point to talk about how God provided for his Prophet during one of the most devastating times Israel had ever faced. God led and provided for Elijah throughout the entire ordeal. Yesterday I got to experience to a certain extent some of God's grace and love from being faithful. I dont always try my hardest to follow faithfully to our great God but I have been working on this more and more and yesterday was a blessing. Most people will probably write this off as just being another occurance or human error but I believe God was involved. As we were leaving Church yesterday I noticed it was 1:00 and the kids were having a really hard time because they were hungry and tired and I looked over at Carrie and said... "I know this is a stretch for us right now but lets get lunch somewhere." I chose Wendy's!
I got in line with the girls and everything was going slow. I mean I could have ran home and walked back with lunch and it would have been faster than they were working. Finally we got to the counter and I ordered our food. The total bill was around $20. I gave the lady my card and she swiped it and stood there looking at the screen and the machine wouldn't work. The manager stepped in and looked at it... asked me if I had cash to pay for the food and I told her truthfully that I didn't. She looked at me and said "that's ok... this one's on me." I could have drove over to Regions and got the money but it wasn't necessary. That lady didn't realize she was apart of a blessing from my God. I looked at Carrie and told her "you'll never guess what happened." We both thanked God and it caused me to stop and realize not only how awesome our God is but that he loves us so much and loves to bless his people.
That wasn't a computer error my friend it was God stepping in and making it happen. I don't deserve it... I don't deserve anything he gives, but thank goodness he wants to interact with us and bless us... some times unexpectedly.
Praise Jehova
Dave

No comments: