Have ever awoken to a dreary day actually excited about going to work. Now I am not writing this to brag but I think I have one of the most gratifying jobs in the world. Being involved in ministry has its challenges and some people think its not a job. Its really not a job... its a calling, its a passion, its the very air I breathe. Its not a job! Its a gift, and its what I do. I remember getting up every day for 10 years going to do a J. O. B. I did everything from framing houses, selling pest control, selling shoes, selling clothing, and other odd and end jobs.
I absolutely despised going to work for a man... I always new I was called to work for my Savior and it made it that much harder. On the flip side of those 10 years is experience in many things that helped prepare me to do my passion today. I am grateful for all the bumps in the road and the many hours of prayer and discipline my Heavenly Father allowed me to go through. God wants us to be satisfied in him wherever we are, even if we hate our job. God plants us in places for a reason and most of the time just for a little while. Some things never make sense....especially ridiculous bosses that are on a serious power trip! Be encouraged today to make your work for him! Do everything as if you were doing in unto him and you will begin to find joy in whatever your field is!
God is amazing and has you where you are for a reason.... be diligent and faithful and he will guide your days and steps.
In His Grip
Dave


No comments:
Post a Comment